Department of Commerce
'New Building Commission'

This Weeks Episode of Home in WA

Jane Vallance



1300 489 099

(08) 9476 1330

Level 1, 31 Troode Street
West Perth WA 6005

It’s a place that we all dream of.  Where wall to wall memories are hung, where laughter is echoed in every hallway and where friends and family can linger and it’s okay.... This place is called Home. And when it comes time to build or renovate your home you’ll have to decide whether you’re going to choose a registered builder to construct it or manage the building process yourself as an owner Builder.

In Western Australia anyone who carries out building work valued at over twenty thousand dollars must be a Registered Builder, or be certified as an Owner Builder through the Builders Registration Board.
Becoming an Owner Builder has it’s advantages and allows you to have control of every stage of your building project.  However it also brings risks and challenges. It’s also worth considering that as an Owner Builder you cannot sell your home for three years after the issue of your Building Licence and, if you do sell within seven years, you must take out indemnity insurance before the sale of the house to cover future owners.

So, if you think that you’re up for the challenge and rewards of building your own dream home, jump on to or give them a call on 9476 1200.