The Priory

This Weeks Episode of Home in WA

Contact:
Terry or Connie O'Meara

Email:
priory@dodo.com.au

Phone:
(08) 9927 1090

Fax:
(08) 9927 2247

Address:
12 St Dominica's Road
Dongara WA 6525

This Weeks Episode of Home in WA

The historic lobster-fishing town of Dongara is the gateway to the Mid West and a tourist's delight with its many quaint buildings and superb fishing making a stopover here and an absolute must.

One of the finest attractions is The Priory Lodge in St. Dominic's Road, which dates back to 1881. The Dominican order of Nuns purchased the hotel around 1900 and through great efforts in renovations and additions, created St Dominic's Priory.

Magnificent terraced gardens were planted out and more than 100 years later they're still here to be enjoyed today. In 1928 an adjacent building was constructed, The Dominican Ladies College, but in 1971 the Convent was closed.

Several owners have occupied the lodge since then and considerable work has been done to maintain these wonderful buildings. In 1987 the place was declared a "Historic Inn".

The present owners Terry and Connie O'Meara and their family took over the license and have worked tirelessly on extensive renovations to bring the Priory Lodge back to its former splendour.
The colonial bar is open daily and the restaurant is very popular for weddings, workshops, seminars and functions. The convent has been faithfully restored and is now an accommodation wing of delightful bedrooms, many with en-suite facilities.

However, Terry and Connie have decided perhaps this is the right time for someone new to continue to build on their great work over the past 8 years and so the property is for sale! Until that happens, Terry and Connie would love to welcome you to the Priory Lodge.